Order Recycling Boxes
Arrange a Collection
Environmental Business Products (EBP) is Europe’s longest established and largest collector and remanufacturer of inkjet cartridges. Since it was established in 1992, the company has been at the forefront of the European cartridge remanufacturing industry and is recognised as one the foremost technical innovators in the industry.
The independent trade magazine, ‘The Recycler’, named EBP as the number one recycler of inkjet cartridges in the world! The factory, collections processing centre, distribution centre and head office are based in Park Royal, North West London. We employ some 200 staff with operations covering the UK, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal and Spain.
- Awarded the Remanufacturer of the Year 2012 (The Recycler, December 2012)
- Presented in 2004 with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for outstanding achievement in the category of international trade, in recognition of our success in building a significant European customer base
- Listed in both the Sunday Times / Virgin Atlantic Tech Track 100 and Fast Track 100, recognising the top 100 fastest growing privately-owned technical companies in the UK and the top 100 fastest growing privately-owned companies in the UK overall
- Awarded the Sunday Times / Virgin Atlantic award for innovation
- Awarded the Mayor’s Green Procurement Code Awards 2006 for areas including the purchase and use of environmentally friendly goods and the recycling and disposal of waste in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Finalists at The Green Business Awards in the category of "Eco Friendly Product" 2010
- Highly Commended at the National Recycling Awards in the category of "Materials Recycler of the Year" 2011
- Finalists at The Park Royal Partnership Awards in the category of "Green Business Of The Year" 2011
- Achieved Best Company’s "One To Watch" accreditation 2011
What we do
We specialise in the supply of high quality private-label cartridges for leading UK and European high street, mail order and web-based channels as well as major office supplies’ resellers.
To supply these cartridges we remanufacture empty inkjet cartridges to the highest standards, so that the quality and page yield our private label cartridges not only rival that of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) cartridges; but surpass them. To remanufacture these cartridges we collect over 500,000 inkjet and toner cartridges every month which are processed, sorted, circuit checked, flushed, filled and print tested.
Over the years we have donated over £6,000,000 to charity through the collection of inkjet and toner cartridges and still today we continue to donate to charities across Europe.
Our zero to landfill policy means that all the cartridges collected are either remanufactured or disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner. Many of the cartridges that cannot be remanufactured are broken down into their component parts and recycled, with the plastics being reused for many things eg. canal linings and the soft safety surfaces in children’s playgrounds.
65 million printer cartridges are sold in the UK every year and out of those only 15% are currently recycled. That means that the rest end up in landfill sites where they can take up to 1,000 years to decompose. Landfills cause pollution through the emission of greenhouse gases and contamination of chemicals into the soil.
At Environmental Business Products, we remanufacture as many of the cartridges we receive as possible. Remanufacturing has many added benefits to the environment than simply recycling (breaking the cartridge down into its component parts, melting those parts and using them for something else). For an OEM to make a printer cartridge it can take up to 4 to 5 litres of oil for each one. Oil is a non-renewable resource, meaning that the ever diminishing earth’s oil supplies are being used up each time a new cartridge is made. Remanufacturing a cartridge stops this wastage. Remanufacturing a cartridge saves up to four to five litres of oil every time.
- It stops the cartridge from being thrown into landfill sites. Landfill sites look bad, smell bad and can be detrimental to animal habitats.
- It reduces the emissions of greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change.
- Remanufacturing removes the need for oil to be wasted when created a brand new cartridge.
- It helps sustain the environment for future generations.